While in York, I was able to see the Yorvik viking museum (with authentic viking smells), which is an archaeolgical excavation of a viking culture. It was kinda cool (kinda cheesy), but they also had uncovered skeletons of vikings who had sustained some serious skeletal damage during sword battles... things like ribs that had dents and skulls that were half gone (pretty sweet).
I also got to go to the York Minster. Now, I've never been a religious man, but this place was GORGEOUS!! It was big, beautiful, and best of all FREE! Anyway, we encountered this while walking around the city walls, where we found a couple of cool things like ruins and walls (I'll make this stuff all available when I have a computer that can handle the high capacity). Anyway, I spent most of my time in York with Tim and his girlfriend Lauren just hanging out and wandering around and just having a good time. One thing I really noticed is that there are major differences between their bars, pubs, and clubs. Pubs are generally where people go to eat. They have nice carpet and good food. Campus bars are like cafeterias with beer. Clubs... they are clubs. Another thing about this place (Great Britain in general)... it is so EXPENSIVE! Things cost about twice as much as the states. A big thanks goes out to Tim for showing me a good time and saving me some money on a place to stay for a few days:) Anyway, after a couple days in York, I headed off to Edinburgh (see next installment).
See photos here
No comments:
Post a Comment